Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Day of Firsts

So, today Analeigh experienced her first public outing ever (besides going to the hospital or doctor's office)... we took her to church!! She slept through the ride there and even through praise & worship. This amazed me because it's not uncommon for her to wake up and give the nurses and I dirty looks when we're talking too loud and interrupting her sleep. I didn't even have to use the ear plugs my Dad got for her. 

I was even more proud of her for how well she did with so many strangers touching her as they prayed. Her heart rate never got very high and she didn't look completely freaked out (like she usually does when she senses the presence of someone she doesn't know). She did get a little hot before it was all over and needed a breathing treatment as soon as we got her home but otherwise it was a great success!

She looked absolutely beautiful and I only wish I had managed to get more pictures to document her first REAL outing (that involved no ambulances). I did manage to sneak a couple while she was passed out peacefully in her car seat though. 

Anyway, this is going to be a short post. I just wanted to make sure I made mention of how great she did and how grateful I am that everything went smoothly. I daresay she actually enjoyed this trip (probably because it didn't involve any painful poking or prodding) and I hope we can do it again soon (though it might be a good idea to wait until it's a little cooler outside). Big thanks again to all who shared the experience with us and to everyone who offered prayers on her behalf! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment